Welcome to the Music Educators' Association of New York City (MEANYC). We are a not for profit organization committed to the pursuit of a quality music education for every child. The primary focus of the organization is to encourage a cooperative professional relationship among the music educators of New York City.
What is Happening at MEANYC...
Past events at MEANYC
The Peace Train 2016 Tour Across America:
Putting the "United" back in the USA
In these challenges times of divisive rhetoric and racial strife in the USA, thousands are joining together in July 2016 to sing about their shared values and their hopes for social justice. This American tour is modeled on The Peace Train's highly successful projects for Nelson Mandela in South Africa. (To learn more, watch the trailer of the award-winning film made about The Peace Train: whenvoicesmeet.com )
The USA tour featured a diverse group of 140 youth & adult singers from all across America, backed up by the Grammy-nominated band of Sharon Katz & The Peace Train (SharonKatz.com). Additional singers of all ages joined the performances when The Peace Train arrived in each city.
See where the Peace Train traveled!
The 2016 MEANYC Lucie Evens Scholarship winner is Kelsey Watts. Kelsey will be off to SUNY Binghamton in the Fall to pursue studies in voice.
Here is MEANYC Secretary Elena Foronda presenting Kelsey with the scholarship. Pictured with her are Dr. Raymond Wheeler (AP), Holly Hall (Choral Director) and Liliya Shamazov, (Assistant Choral Director) of the Stuyvesant Chorus. She and the Stuyvesant Chorus under Holly Hall's direction along with Liliya Shamazov were one of 3 choruses invited to perform at Carnegie Hall in a special concert "Songs of Inspiration and Hope" on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
MEANYC 2015 Annual Autumn Event at Steinway Hall
• Congratulations to MEANYC member Patricia A. Glunt for being featured on Queens Public Television! Listen here: QPTV Presents Podcast: Power Women of Queens - Episode 8
• A wonderful time was had at our Annual Honoree Dinner on April 22, 2015 as we honored MEANYC member Patricia A. Glunt, Founder/Artistic Director-Jackson Heights Orchestra, Dr. Penny Prince, Professor of Music-CUNY Lehman College, Composer, Pianist and Martina Arroyo, Metropolitan Opera Legend, 2013 Kennedy Center Honoree, President and Artistic Director–Martina Arroyo Foundation.
• Congratulations to MEANYC's Pat Glunt for being named NY1's NYer of the Week: Patricia Glunt's Group of Local Musicians Strikes a Chord!
• Congratulations to MEANYC's Pat Glunt honored by the Honorable Melinda Katz, President of the Borough of Queens at this year's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month Celebration on June 25, 2014 for the work she has done with the Jackson Heights Orchestra.
In the news...
July 1, 2014: Mayor de Blasio, Comptroller Stringer and Chancellor Fariña Announce New Arts Programs for Thousands of Students. [read more}
Click here to make a direct donation to the MEANYC Scholarship Fund
Click here to make a direct donation to the
MEANYC General Fund
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Joe Sugar Day in Albany
March 7, 2017
more info >
High School Honors Festival
Friday, March 31 – Saturday, April 1
or further information email email@example.com
Teaching Ukulele to Teachers
Presented by Mark Michaels
Saturday, April 1, 2017
10am-2pm (note new time!)
* THIS WORKSHOP IF FULL, REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED